RIVERS CASINO DES PLAINES REOPENS WITH A FOCUS ON “RIVERS CLEAN”
Enhanced Cleaning Measures, Masks And Social Distancing Are The Norm
Des Plaines, IL – July 1, 2020 – Rivers Casino Des Plaines has reopened with a dedicated Rivers Clean Team, newly installed protective plexiglass throughout the casino, and new health and safety procedures including mandatory mask-wearing to protect guests and team members from the COVID-19 virus.
Rivers is limiting its guest capacity to 50 percent, consistent with the reopening protocols established by the Illinois Gaming Board.
“We’re excited to welcome back guests and team members, and we’re doing everything possible to ensure their health and safety,” said Corey Wise, general manager of Rivers Des Plaines. “We are looking forward to entertaining our guests once again and our Rivers Clean Team will be hard at work continuously disinfecting surfaces and equipment.”
Besides the constant sanitizing, the Rivers Clean initiative reinforces the importance of wearing masks, washing hands and observing social distancing. Rivers has also installed plexiglass safety dividers, sanitation stations, and social distancing markers throughout the property.
“We thank our guests in advance for following our new safety protocols so we can responsibly restart our business and provide over 1,200 team members with the opportunity to get back to work,” said Wise.
The new cleaning and safety protocols at Rivers Casino include:
Masks & PPE
- All team members and guests will be required to wear a mask or face covering that covers their nose and mouth, except when eating or drinking.
- Anyone who refuses to wear a mask or face covering, after being asked to do so, will be directed to leave the property.
- Rivers team members are being provided training and additional PPE materials and equipment to wear during their shifts.
Cleaning & Disinfecting
- The Rivers Clean Team will use EPA-approved disinfectants and additional commercial cleaning equipment.
- Hard surfaces, high-touch and high-traffic areas will receive extensive and ongoing attention, along with a new focus on sanitizing games and gaming pieces.
- Members of the Rivers Clean Team will be available to sanitize or clean an area of the casino at a guest’s request.
- Social distancing procedures are being implemented across the property and floor markers have been installed to help guests maintain an appropriate distance.
- Guests who do not adhere to social distancing guidelines, after being asked to do so, will be directed to leave the property.
Gaming Floor Changes
- Slot machines have been moved and rearranged throughout the property to facilitate social distancing and safety dividers have been installed between select machines. Slot seating has been modified to encourage social distancing between guests.
- Seating at tables games has been modified, with three seats per table game or side. All table games are now stocked with hand sanitizer and new protocols require guests and team members to clean their hands with sanitizer before and after touching chips, dice, cards or money.
- The BetRivers Sportsbook, bar and lounge areas will reopen with limited and socially-distant seating.
- Rivers was Illinois’ first casino to open its online and mobile sportsbook, BetRivers.com and bettors can place wagers using their own mobile device at the property or at home.
- The food and beverage amenities at Rivers have adjusted their menus and offerings. Several of the property’s restaurants will reopen with a modified menu and plexiglass dividers have been installed in reconfigured dining areas to encourage social distancing. Hugo’s Frog Bar and the buffet are closed for the time being.
Not valid for any participant of the Illinois Gaming Board Statewide Voluntary Self-Exclusion Program. Must be 21 years of age or older. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537).
About Rivers Casino Des Plaines
Rivers Casino Des Plaines is the most successful casino in Illinois and jointly owned by Rush Street Gaming and Churchill Downs Incorporated (“CDI”) (Nasdaq: CHDN). CDI is an industry-leading racing, online wagering and gaming entertainment company anchored by its flagship event – The Kentucky Derby. The company owns and operates 10 regional gaming facilities in eight states, as well as Arlington International Racecourse in Arlington Heights.