FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
RIVERS CASINO PHILADELPHIA ANNOUNCES DECEMBER PROMOTIONS AND ENTERTAINMENT
Celebrate the New Year’s Weekend at Philly’s casino, plus enjoy holiday season offers
PHILADELPHIA — Dec. 2, 2021 — Gloria Gaynor’s concert and a New Year’s Eve party with spectacular views of the midnight fireworks close out an incredible holiday season at Rivers Casino Philadelphia. Guests start December by earning entries in the $20,220 New Year’s Day drawing and can enjoy the Studio 2022 New Year’s Party, a five-day celebration to welcome the new year.
Events and Entertainment
Several performers take The Event Center stage in December. Tickets are on sale now for the following:
Gloria Gaynor — Thursday, Dec. 30, at 8 p.m.
As previously announced, two-time Grammy winner Gloria Gaynor will perform her chart-topping hit “I Will Survive” along with other hit songs in The Event Center on Thursday, Dec. 30, at 8 p.m. Tickets start at $39 and are on sale now.
The New Year’s Eve Party in The Event Center — Friday, Dec. 31, from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m.
This two-tier ticketed event is the ultimate party to celebrate 2022’s arrival. Let’s Groove Tonight — the Ultimate Earth, Wind & Fire Tribute Band — will perform in The Event Center, where guests will enjoy an open bar, fantastic food stations, a champagne toast and more. These amenities are $99, while a $149 ticket will get guests exclusive access to the balcony for perfect views of the midnight fireworks show.
Art of War 21 ‘The Rumble at Rivers’ — MMA comes to The Event Center on Saturday, Dec. 4, at 7 p.m. This event is sold out.
Aunt Mary Pat Mary Friggin’ Christmas Tour — Philly’s favorite aunt, Aunt Mary Pat, presents her hilarious holiday stand-up show in The Event Center on Wednesday, Dec. 8, at 7 p.m. Tickets are $20 and are on sale now at SJPComedy.com.
The Brian McKnight 4 Seasons Greetings — Enjoy the soothing sounds of Grammy-nominated singer, songwriter, producer and musician Brian McKnight, who performs on Saturday, Dec. 18, at 8 p.m. Tickets are $40 and are on sale now.
Vietnamese Concert – Holiday Dance Party — The holiday dance party is Dec. 26 at 9:30 p.m. in The Event Center. Tickets start at $39.
Jack’s Bar + Grill Live Music — Thursday through Saturday, Dec. 30–Jan. 1 at 9 p.m.
On New Year’s Eve weekend, Jack’s unveils a brand-new lounge that includes a stage and a spacious dance floor, plus extra seating for great stage views. Guests can move and groove late into the night to the following bands:
- The Priceless Band — Thursday, Dec. 30.
- All SOULed Out — Friday, Dec. 31.
- Coast 2 Coast — Saturday, Jan. 1.
Guests can also enjoy live entertainment in Jack’s on select Fridays and Saturdays in December from 7 to 11 p.m.
To buy tickets and to stay up to date on all Rivers Casino Philadelphia entertainment, please visit RiversCasino.com/Philadelphia.
Promotions, Contests and Sweepstakes
$20,220 New Year’s Day Drawing — Guests can earn sweepstakes entries from Wednesday, Dec. 1, through Saturday, Jan. 1, at 8:45 p.m., and will have 10 chances to win $2,022 in cash. Guests can play their favorite slots and table games using their Rush Rewards Card to earn entries, and that includes two-time entries on Tuesdays and five-time entries on Friday, Dec. 24, and Saturday, Dec. 25. Winners will be drawn on Saturday, Jan. 1, from 7 to 9 p.m.
Jingle Bills Hot Seat —Rush Rewards Members who are actively playing a slot machine or table game will be eligible to be selected as a Jingle Bills Hot Seat winner on Friday, Dec. 3, 10 and 17 and on Saturday, Dec. 4, 11 and 18. On these select days from 7 to 10 p.m., three winners will be selected every 30 minutes to win a cash prize.
Young at Heart — Rivers Casino’s Young at Heart program is now even better for Rush Rewards Members who are 55 years of age or older — guests receive 2X Bonus Reward Points every Monday.
December Jackpot Sweepstakes — Every day in December, any guest who hits a taxable jackpot of $1,200 or higher will earn one entry into the December Jackpot Sweepstakes. On Wednesday, Dec. 29, at 6 p.m. and 8 p.m., five winners will be randomly selected to win $1,000 in cash.
Sportsbook Second Chance Jersey Drawing — Every Sunday now through Jan. 9, all Rush Rewards Members with a losing sports betting ticket of $20 or more will qualify for a second-chance drawing at 4 p.m. to win a signed Eagles jersey.
Choose the Champs — Throughout the entire 2021 NFL season, Rush Rewards Members can select their football picks at a kiosk every week for a chance to win their share of $2,500 in weekly prizes. On Thursday, Jan. 13, the top five players with the best season-long ranking will win their share of $10,000 in cash and Free Play.
Rivers Poker Room
Daily High Hands — As Philadelphia’s first poker room, Rivers Casino Philadelphia offers daily high-hand promotions totaling over $215,000 in December. Thunder Thursdays highlight the schedule — guests can win $500 every 30 minutes from noon to midnight. Other featured promotions offered every 30 minutes at designated times include $500 high hands on Fridays and Saturdays, $400 on Sundays, and $250 on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Tournament Schedule — Weekly no-limit Texas Hold ’em poker tournaments continue in December. The schedule is as follows:
- Sundays,* 11:15 a.m. — $230 Deep Stack NLH ($10,000 guarantee)
- Mondays, 7:15 p.m. — $130 NLH ($4,000 guarantee)
- Tuesdays, 1:15 p.m. — $100 NLH ($2,500 guarantee)
- Wednesdays, 7:15 p.m. — $130 NLH ($5,000 guarantee)
- Saturday Dec. 4 and Dec. 11, 11:15 a.m. — $160 Deepstack NLH ($5,000 guarantee)
*Excluding Dec. 19 for Mini Rush Day 2.
Mini Rush — $100,000 Guaranteed
- Dec. 17–19 at 11:15 a.m. each day
- Day 1A (Friday, Dec. 17)
- Day 1B (Saturday, Dec. 18)
- Day 2 (Sunday, Dec. 19)
- $350 entry (single re-entry per day, registration closes at approximately noon on Day 2)
- 30k starting stacks, 30/40-minute levels
Bad Beat Jackpot — The $100,000 Bad Beat Jackpot runs 24/7 with a current minimum qualifier of quad 6s.
Dining and Drink Offerings
Hugo’s Frog Bar & Chop House Dinner Special — Thursday to through Sunday, Dec. 30-Jan. 2
Hugo’s, the casino’s high-end steakhouse, is serving up a New Year’s Eve dinner-for-two special the entire weekend. The dinner will include three delicious courses, a champagne toast and dessert, all for $175. Tax and gratuity are not included. Live music will be featured from 7 to 11 p.m.
Open Wednesday through Sunday from 4 to 10 p.m., Hugo’s offers guests enticing steaks and more, including live piano music every Friday and Saturday from 6 to 10 p.m.
Mian — Mian is open from noon to midnight, Monday through Thursday, and from noon to 2 a.m. Friday through Sunday. The lunch special features a choice of edamame or spring roll, plus wonton soup, and a variety of main course options including shrimp fried rice and chicken lo mein. This $18 cash-only offer is available daily from noon to 3 p.m.
Jack’s Bar + Grill — Jack’s is open from noon to 8 p.m. Sunday through Tuesday and from noon to 10 p.m. on Friday and Saturday; holiday hours are as follows: closed, Friday, Dec. 24; Saturday, Dec. 25 the kitchen will be open from 4 to 10 p.m.; Friday, Dec. 31, from 4 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Guests can enjoy the following December specials:
- New Year’s Eve: Studio 2022 a Tribute to the ’70s
- Shrimp Cocktail ($0.70 each, orders of seven) — house-made cocktail sauce
- Disco Fries ($5) — house-made gravy, melted mozzarella
- Studio 54 Smash Burger ($7) — cheddar cheese, bacon, caramelized onions
- The Godfather Sandwich ($7) — chicken cutlet, sharp provolone, roasted peppers
- Jaws the Sandwich ($7) — beer-battered cod, lettuce, tomato, lemon aioli
- All in the Family Breakfast Sandwich ($7) — fried egg, Canadian bacon, cheddar
- Boogie Nights Black Forest Fried Cheesecake ($5) — cherry chocolate sauce
- New Year’s Eve prime rib dinner: 12 oz. prime rib, au jus; mashed potatoes and asparagus for $30.
- New Year’s Eve late night: loaded tater tots ($8), pizza egg rolls ($10), crab mac and cheese bites ($12), fried pickle spears ($8), hangover breakfast special ($12), and chicken and waffle sliders ($10)
- December Special: Roast pork Italian sandwich for $11.99
- Christmas Day Special: 8 oz. ham dinner for $8.88
- Young at Heart Special — On Mondays in December, all Rush Reward Members age 55 or older can enjoy an 8 oz. ham dinner for $8.88. They can also visit any Rush Rewards kiosk to receive a voucher for 25% off at Jack’s. Voucher is valid Monday through Friday, 2 to 6 p.m.
- Sunday Football Specials — Every Sunday in December, guests can enjoy a variety of tasty eats and more at Jack’s from noon to 8 p.m. during Sunday football games.
- Tailgater Menu — Guests can enjoy 10 wings, two egg rolls, a pretzel and fries for just $40 as well as $8 Miller Lite pitchers.
- Happy Hour Touchdown Menu — Jack’s is also offering a menu featuring wings, Jack’s burger sliders, grilled shrimp tacos, Philly cheesesteak fries and more, all for just $7 each.
- Sportsbook Jack’s Bar + Grill Offer — Now through Sunday, Jan. 9, Rush Rewards Members will receive a Jack’s Bar + Grill food voucher for one sportsbook wager of $500 or greater on any sport or game. With the food voucher, guests can pick one free item from the Happy Hour Touchdown menu.
- Birds Score, You Score — During every Eagles Sunday game in December, all Rush Rewards Members actively playing with their Rush Rewards Player’s Card in the Birds Nest Party Pit (Pit 4) will be eligible to win a Jack’s Bar + Grill food voucher every time the Eagles score a touchdown.
BetRivers Sportsbook — Stop by the BetRivers Sportsbook this December to enjoy Sunday specials, including $2.50 16 oz. Miller Lite cans and $15 Vizzy assorted buckets, while you watch and wager on your favorite teams. The BetRivers Sportsbook will also feature a hot dog cart on Saturdays and Sundays from 2 to 10 p.m., serving up $2 hot dogs and $3 hot jacks.
Lou’s —Lou’s serves up piping hot pizza by the slice and delicious whole pies for guests to enjoy. Guests can enjoy December’s offer of buy one stromboli, get the second at half price on Mondays and Tuesdays. Lou’s is open Monday through Thursday from 4 p.m. to midnight, Friday and Saturday from noon to midnight, and Sunday noon to 10 p.m.
Geno’s Steaks — Open from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily, Philly’s iconic cheesesteak spot is serving up a variety of sizzling steaks and delicious breakfast options. December’s special is a roast pork sandwich and soda for $15.
Reservations are suggested for Hugo’s Frog Bar & Chop House, Jack’s Bar + Grill and Mian — Visit OpenTable or contact the casino directly to make reservations. Walk-ins are welcome.
For complete menus and additional information, please visit RiversCasino.com/Philadelphia.
Rivers Casino Is Hiring
Rivers Casino hosts walk-in interviews for part-time and full-time positions every Wednesday from 10 a.m. to noon. Available career opportunities include roles in security, table games, food and beverage, operations, and in the free dealer school. Visit the casino careers page on the website for more information on positions and benefits that include medical and dental plans, 401(k), paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more.
Rivers Gives is a unique community relations program and steadfast commitment by the casino that includes Team Members volunteering service hours in the Fishtown neighborhood and surrounding areas. Guests can join Rivers Gives in supporting monthly initiatives that benefit local nonprofits through donation options when cashing their gaming tickets.
The monthly and quarterly organization recipients are as follows:
- December: Salvation Army
- Q4 2021: JEVS Human Services
Masks are required for all guests and Team Members, per guidelines from the city of Philadelphia. Rivers Casino continues to follow all city, state, and CDC health and safety protocols.
ABOUT RIVERS CASINO PHILADELPHIA
Located along the Delaware River waterfront in Philadelphia, Rivers Casino Philadelphia features 1,600 slots, 105 table games, 65 hybrid gaming seats, a 28-table poker room and a designated sportsbook area for live sports betting. The casino offers an array of distinctive restaurants and bars — among them are Hugo’s Frog Bar & Chop House, Mian, and Jack’s Bar + Grill — riverfront views, live performances in The Event Center, free parking, and daily promotions and giveaways. For additional information and current offerings, please visit RiversCasino.com/Philadelphia.
For Rivers Casino Philadelphia